Saturday, February 25, 2017

Ever Hear The Expression "Be Careful What You Ask For. You Might Get It?"

Selling stuff to go full time is a real pain in the arse. I have listed books, wall art and furniture thus far on a local Facebook Buy/Sell page. People are such dumb arses, really!

So, I have been listing things for sale with photos. The photos are clearly annotated with the sale price and if it is something I am willing to negotiate on I state the price is OBO.  I have actually had people contact me on Facebook messenger wanting to know what an OBO is????  Wow, you got be one big dumb arse.

Slowly, I am ridding myself of garage items. I sold a 3 gallon air compressor yesterday and a work bench today.  The work bench had four drawers in it and when I went to prep it for sale I had to clean them out. The stuff inside filled one of those long plastic clothes baskets. Nothing but tools.  What the heck am I going to do with this stuff. Most of it is duplicates of tools I already have, or they are discards due to upgrading to better tools.

Garage sales are inevitable but I hate taking the beating that people give you. You know the ploy. You have something marked a dollar and they offer you a quarter. Do you take it and move on or do you say know and get stuck with finding a home for it?

Good grief, this takes the joy out of wanting to full time. It'd be easier to just lump everything into an estate sale and have an auctioneer sell if for you except they get 20%...that sucks too. What to do, what to do? I guess that I will need to keep putting stuff on the Facebook Buy/Sell page.

As they say "Suck it up buttercup."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged. Please let us know how we are doing.

Our most recent blog

"Stick Em Up" - Old Tucson Studio and Theme Park

High Chapparral Ranch Set Admittedly I'm old. How old? Let's just say I hold the patent on dirt. I grew up in the 50's whe...