Tuesday, March 26, 2019

"Stick Em Up" - Old Tucson Studio and Theme Park



High Chapparral Ranch Set

Admittedly I'm old. How old? Let's just say I hold the patent on dirt. I grew up in the 50's when the Lone Ranger, Sky King, Bonanza, Have Gun Will Travel, and Gunsmoke were among the top TV programs.   Getting to Old Tuscon Studio and Theme park from Tucson is easy. Old Tucson Studio is located at 2001 Kinney Road, Tucson, AZ 85735. If you want to plug the coordinates into your GPS they are: 32.2183° N, 111.1289° W




Ticket information



Old Tucson Studio and Theme Park is an attraction that no western film buff should miss.

Old Tucson Movie Studio and Theme Park 

More than 400 movies, TV Programs, TV Commercials and Music Videos have been filmed at the Old Tucson studio. It's a really interesting place to be and you get a real sense of what the producers and directors find so appealing about the entire Old Tucson Set. If you do wind up going to Old Tucson be sure to get a schedule of the daily events as you enter the park.



Wonder if they are looking for the "bone?"  - Or, perhaps they waiting on the 3:10 to Yuma?


Maybe you remember "High Chapparral?" Click below for the theme song





Entrance to the set of High Chaparral 

High Chapparral Ranch House

The Entire Studio is a Working Theme Park

Store Front Sets
Rio Lobo River






I guess all that remains to be said about our visit is that it makes you miss the people that used to watch these movies and TV programs with you. I miss my Dad, my brother Ken and I laying on the living room floor watching Gunsmoke. Those were moment I will never relive, but I will relish them always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged. Please let us know how we are doing.

Our most recent blog

"Stick Em Up" - Old Tucson Studio and Theme Park

High Chapparral Ranch Set Admittedly I'm old. How old? Let's just say I hold the patent on dirt. I grew up in the 50's whe...