Sunday, June 11, 2017

A message to my friends

Hi.  This is Martha.

I haven't written a blog post yet, but I'm actually an author on this blog, so I can...and I get to write post number 100!  I'll be poking my nose in once in a while to say hey and give some of my perspective.

This post is for my friends, especially Lynn and Marie, who I gave this blog to so they could follow our progress...

Despite what my dear husband has posted, we have done a few things besides fix the RV.  We had a lovely visit with my brother-in-law and his wife...went wine tasting in Herrmann, Mo.  We took a short trip to St. Louis to have dinner with my husband's sons and two of the three grandkids.  The oldest granddaughter had her wisdom teeth pulled, so she and her mom stayed home.

We had planned to just kick back and relax this weekend, but between Chuck's repairs and the mid-90's temperatures, we ended up not doing much outdoors.  We did drive into town to get parts and a few groceries.  We managed to get one good picture!



I also my desk sorted out and organized, so I might be able to find something in it now.

I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks since I did my last massage.  For the first time in 11 years, I'm letting my fingernails grow.  It feels strange, to be honest.  We didn't have room to bring a massage table, so I'm not even working on Chuck now.  I had to book him a massage with someone else.  THAT feels weird!

We're going to Iowa tomorrow, to see family.  We booked a campground in Iowa again in August because we've decided to go to the Iowa State Fair!  So we're going to do a little back and forth as we go along.

After Iowa, we'll be in Wisconsin, and we'll be staying in one place and just sightseeing by car.  I'm definitely looking forward to having a home base for a little while.  Packing it all up and moving is fun, but it gets tiring to do it every few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged. Please let us know how we are doing.

Our most recent blog

"Stick Em Up" - Old Tucson Studio and Theme Park

High Chapparral Ranch Set Admittedly I'm old. How old? Let's just say I hold the patent on dirt. I grew up in the 50's whe...