Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Stuck In Limbo - Skin Infection Caused By My Injury.

Waiting for things to happen isn't my strong suit. I just want to be on the road now. However, my leg injury has turned into worries about cellulitis. Diabetics have to keep blood sugar under control for sure.  However, we also have to worry about things like cellulitis. Since my leg has been swollen and I have had a lot of edema of late, I started getting blisters and cracked skin. This can lead to an infection called cellulitis which if left untreated can lead to amputation.

Needless to say, I am going back to the doctors office today for a treatment plan.  The last time this happened it was under the same circumstances. First an injury, then swelling, edema and eventually cellulitis.  If the treatment is the same I will end up with med's and ointments and something to stop the itching.

I will post up once I know what the Doctor says. It's always something. Just one of those glorious diseases (Diabetes) caused by Agent Orange. Ugh.

Edit:

Just returned from my PCP.  As expected, it is the beginning stages of cellulitis.  Also as expected, antibiotics, ointment and something to keep me from itching.  I hope it goes away quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged. Please let us know how we are doing.

Our most recent blog

"Stick Em Up" - Old Tucson Studio and Theme Park

High Chapparral Ranch Set Admittedly I'm old. How old? Let's just say I hold the patent on dirt. I grew up in the 50's whe...