Thursday, December 8, 2016

Still Getting Used To New Noises - Hyper-vigilance Is A Curse.

What a night

I slept well initially.  As older folks tend to do, I had get up and use the facilities in the wee hours of the night. Upon returning to bed I dozed off and was just about, to sleep when I heard a "bang." Instead of getting up and checking what it might be, I just laid there wondering in the warmth of the bed. Evidently this is the wrong answer when one is hyper-vigilant.

The result was keeping Martha (and myself) awake until the early morning hours tossing and turning and trying to regain some sense of calm and composure. I think I finally fell asleep around 3:00 am.

When I awoke this morning I found that the bang was a "command hook" that failed under the weight of my wife's purse.

So, now I sit and sip coffee and marvel at how stupid I am and what possesses some of my neighbors to be as stupid as they are, all while nodding off doing so.

This guy sat outside all evening lighting one stinky cheap cigar off the last.  He made my life stinky too. Damn I hate smokers.  And yes, I know he has a right to smoke outside and that it's my problem not his but I sure wish the wind had changed directions and blew the smoke back into his face.


Martha checking emails and making journal entries


Some more photos from yesterdays trip to the beach







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged. Please let us know how we are doing.

Our most recent blog

"Stick Em Up" - Old Tucson Studio and Theme Park

High Chapparral Ranch Set Admittedly I'm old. How old? Let's just say I hold the patent on dirt. I grew up in the 50's whe...